The Official MMR app has been released!
The Malaysian Medical Resources was conceived back in 1996 as a webpage which serves as a repository for links to Malaysian Medical and Health websites. Through the years, the links have been constantly maintained and updated. The site now incorporates a blog by Malaysian doctors and keeps track of Malaysian medical news.
The world is changing with the emphasis now on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets being used by many to access the Internet, and hence sticking with a site which is compatible only with desktop browsers is not keeping up with the times.
While the MMR has a mobile friendly version (it automatically switches to this if it detects a mobile browser), we have come up with an app to make it easier for smartphone users to access sections of the MMR
– Quick links to the important sections of the MMR
– Useful phone numbers (emergency and hospitals) provided in an easy access menu, allows you to dial out from your phone
– Search the MMR function
– Locate nearby hospital or clinic (requires a device with location services enabled)
– An Internet connection is required in order to use this app
– Formatting optimised for smartphones, rendering in tablets may not be optimal
– Links will open in a web browser, use your Back button to return to the app.
A native Android app is available for free from the Google Playstore. Download it here
Other smartphone users can install the web app by navigating to http://medicine.com.my/app from their mobile browser. iOS users can run it like a native app if you save it as a shortcut on the Homescreen (there will be a prompt to show you how the first time you run the app on your iPhone)