New Medicine Latest news ↗

Malaysian Medical Resources

Search the health news archive.

14,003 reports from 2017–2026, collected from the Malaysian Medical News Telegram channel.

14,003 archived reports
malaymail.com

Lockdown in seven Hulu Langat villages after tahfiz students tested positive for Covid-19 | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 29 — Putrajaya has announced today an enhanced movement control order (EMCO) in seven villages in Hulu Langat, after 71 positive cases were identified among 274 residents of a tahfiz school there. The two-week…

freemalaysiatoday.com

Govt says bound by health concerns in restricting NGOs' food aid

This comes as several NGOs want Putrajaya to ease the movement restrictions under the MCO to channel food aid.

Advertisement
freemalaysiatoday.com

One or 2 zones in Selangor may be treated like Simpang Renggam

Selangor has the highest number of cases in the country.

malaymail.com

Sarawak bans inter-district travel to curb spread of Covid-19 pandemic | Malay Mail

KUCHING, March 29 — Sarawak Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) today banned inter-district travel as seven districts have been declared as red zones and another six others as yellow zones, in a move to further strengthen measur…

malaymail.com

Doctor, infant child killed in hospital trip to Gua Musang | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 29 — A medical officer and her child were among the casualties of a accident involving a hospital vehicle en route to Gua Musang in Kelantan earlier this morning. Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham A…

malaymail.com

Putrajaya getting 10 diagnostic labs ready for Covid-19 testing | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 29 — The Ministry of Higher Education (KPT) and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (Mosti) have prepared 10 diagnostic labs for the Ministry of Health (MOH), to allow for increased Covid-19 tes…

malaymail.com

New positive cases now from fourth, fifth generation of tabligh cluster, Health D-G says | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 29 — The new positive cases of Covid-19 infection are largely seen among those who have been infected through four or five generations from the original Sri Petaling tabligh event, Health’s Director-General Da…

nst.com.my

MAEPS to be used when necessary, says Health DG

PUTRAJAYA: The temporary hospital to cater to Covid-19 patients at Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS) will only be used when necessary.

nst.com.my

27-year-old among Malaysia's seven new Covid-19 fatalities

PUTRAJAYA: Seven more Covid-19 deaths were reported to the Health Ministry’s National Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC), bringing the total number of people who died from the coronavirus as of noon today to 34.

malaysiakini.com

Covid-19: Seven new deaths and 150 new cases as of noon today

UPDATED 5.55PM | CORONAVIRUS | It is the highest number of deaths recorded in a day since the start of the outbreak.

freemalaysiatoday.com

Old folk's homes out of food and money, says geriatrician

Dr Tan Maw Pin of Universiti Malaya says donors are not giving them anything because of the movement control order.

nst.com.my

Pahang medical officer latest victim of Macau scammers

KUANTAN: The Covid-19 coronavirus may have slowed down most major activities for Malaysians, but it has done little to stop scammers from parting people from their hard-earned money.

malaymail.com

Health Ministry: Man who committed suicide at Serdang Hospital was not Covid-19 positive | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 — Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the patient-under-investigation (PUI) for Covid-19 who killed himself at Serdang Hospital on Friday night had not tested positive for the virus.…

nst.com.my

MAEPS to become makeshift hospital in anticipation of more Covid-19 cases

PUTRAJAYA: The Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS) will be converted into a temporary makeshift hospital as a precautionary measure to house Covid-19 patients should there be an increase in cases.

malaymail.com

Health D-G offers update on Covid-19 drugs for Malaysia | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 — Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah took to Facebook tonight to share the latest updates on the status of drugs needed for Covid-19 treatments in Malaysia. In his post, the Health director-general revealed that…

malaymail.com

Health D-G: Govt ready to implement enhanced MCO if Covid-19 cases surge in hotspots | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 — The government is monitoring all hotspots and is prepared to implement enhanced movement control order (EMCO) measures in those areas in the event of a surge in positive Covid-19 cases. Health director-ge…

malaymail.com

Health D-G: Authorities still searching for 5,084 unscreened tabligh members | Malaysia | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 — The Health Ministry is still looking for 5,084 members of the tabligh group who were involved in the mass gathering at Jamek Sri Petaling Mosque in Kuala Lumpur from February 27 to March 1, said Datuk Dr…

malaymail.com

Health Ministry: 159 new cases of Covid-19 confirmed in Malaysia today, total now 2,320 cases | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 — Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah announced 159 new positive Covid-19 cases in Malaysia today, bringing the total number of cases in the country to 2,320. He also said there was one mo…

malaymail.com

Cops open special lane for frontliners at roadblocks | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 28 ― The police have opened a special lane for frontline personnel to pass through at roadblocks mounted during the enforcement of the movement control order (MCO) until April 14. Bukit Aman Traffic Investigat…

thesundaily.my

Malaysia shares efforts in addressing Covid-19 with health ministers worldwide

KUALA LUMPUR: Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba shared Malaysia’s efforts to address COVID-19 with health ministers around the world in a telec...

malaymail.com

Global condom shortage looms amid Covid-19 shutdown in Malaysia | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, March 27 — A global shortage of condoms is looming, the world’s biggest producer said, after a coronavirus lockdown forced it to shut down production. Malaysia’s Karex Bhd makes one in every five condoms globally. I…

malaysiakini.com

Report: Suspected Covid-19 patient kills himself in Serdang Hospital

CORONAVIRUS | The 62-year-old male victim was found dead by a nurse in a washroom.