New Medicine Latest news ↗

Malaysian Medical Resources

Search the health news archive.

14,016 reports from 2017–2026, collected from the Malaysian Medical News Telegram channel.

14,016 archived reports
malaymail.com

Minister targets RM1.8b from healthcare tourism this year

KUALA LUMPUR, April 25 — Malaysia aims to generate up to RM1.8 billion in hospital receipts from healthcare tourism this year, said Health Minister Datuk Seri Dzulkefly Ahmad. He said this would be higher than the revenue generat…

malaymail.com

Biometric screening of all foreign workers in Malaysia by year-end, says Fomema chief | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, April 25 — Biometric fingerprint screening of foreign workers to overcome the problem of false identities is expected to be fully implemented throughout the country by year-end, according the Foreign Workers Medical…

Advertisement
thestar.com.my

Gadget for easy diagnosis

DOCTORS and medical officers will now be able to make early diagnostic readings of certain diseases with an ultrasound handheld device which can be used with WiFi connection.

freemalaysiatoday.com

CAP warns of creative tobacco industry to beat new laws

It urges the health ministry to plug all loopholes in current legislation and anticipate how the tobacco industry will evolve in the future.

malaysiakini.com

Concerns of junior doctors are concerns of the public too

LETTER | Health ministry and MMC need to work together to address limbo transition from housemanship to MO.

freemalaysiatoday.com

From RM1 to RM60, activist urges govt to clear air over new fee for HIV tests

Health ministry urged to come out with details on the implementation of a new medical fee structure approved in 2014.

t.co

Status of MMC staff responsibility of management

SEREMBAN: The status of about 500 staff of the Mawar Medical Centre (MMC) following its closure on Feb 14 is dependent on its management. Chairman of ...

t.co

Health D-G: MOs should remain at training hospitals as temporary placements

KUALA LUMPUR: Medical officers (MOs) should remain at their current housemanship training hospitals as temporary placements, says Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.

thestar.com.my

No placements for housemen

KUALA LUMPUR: The first batch of contract house officers (HOs) completed their two-year training at the end of last year but many say they have yet to receive appointment letters to a contract or permanent medical officer (MO) po…

malaymail.com

Our Orang Asli children are dying: Do we care? — Amar-Singh HSS | Malay Mail

APRIL 22 — I often wonder if our nation wants to hear the truth or just cover up the reality? Also I wonder if we will ever get serious about the important issues facing marginalised communities that have no voice? The recent upr…

thesundaily.my

Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia tops in medical quiz

PETALING JAYA: Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia has emerged as the champion among 31 teams from 16 medical universities in Malaysia that took pa...

thesundaily.my

Fewer work hours for housemen

KUALA LUMPUR: Housemen will now work fewer hours under a new policy that promises to address the issue of them being overworked. They will no longer b...

thesundaily.my

Plan to set up NIAT get MOH’s attention

PUTRAJAYA: A proposal to set up the National Institute for Assistive Technology (NIAT) by the Malaysian Foundation for the Blind (MFB) will be discuss...

nst.com.my

Need to make neurology more attractive to medical students https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/04/481370/need-make-neurology-more-attractive-medical-students via @NST_Online

nst.com.my

M'sia needs 200 more neurology specialists: Health Ministry https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019/04/481267/msia-needs-200-more-neurology-specialists-health-ministry via @NST_Online

malaymail.com

Health Ministry denies Ipoh school’s H1N1 outbreak spreading | Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, April 19 — Health Minister Datuk Seri Dzulkefly Ahmad today dismissed a report that the outbreak of Influenza A (H1N1) at the all-boys fully-residential Sekolah Tuanku Abdul Rahman (STAR) in Ipoh is spreading. He sa…

malaymail.com

Health minister: 22 more suspected H1N1 cases in Ipoh school | Malay Mail

PUTRAJAYA, April 19 — Twenty-two new cases suspected to be Influenza A (H1N1) were detected at Sekolah Tuanku Abdul Rahman (STAR), Ipoh, Perak until yesterday, said Minister of Health Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad. This made the cumulative…

malaymail.com

Open letter to Dzulkefly Ahmad, Minister of Health Malaysia — Dr John Teo | Malay Mail

APRIL 19 — Dear YB, It’s been nearly a year since the Pakatan historic win. The public and many doctors have been waiting patiently for new policies and directions that is going to take Malaysian healthcare to the next level. As…

thestar.com.my

Ear surgeon steps forward to help deaf and mute Lombok hero Taufik

KUALA LUMPUR (Bernama): Taufik, the deaf and mute Lombok hero, is set to end 12 years of suffering after a Malaysian ear specialist offered to treat the disabled Indonesian.