Category: – Medical Oddities

(source BUPA) Such is the dramatic headline in the DailyMail UK. Rather curious because paralysis as a result of a lumbar puncture or an epidural as in this case, is practically unheard of (despite the fear amongst some Malaysians). Later …

Mother ‘paralysed after being injected with cleaning fluid’ Read More »

Tagged with: ,

The Daily Mail reports A holidaymaker returned from Malaysia with a six-centimetre flatworm lodged in her arm. Emily Buckley, 28, now faces surgery to remove the parasite at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine. Doctors treating Emily said flatworms, linked …

Holidaymaker returns from Malaysia with flat worm in her arm Read More »

Tagged with: ,

In Tattoos – Decoration or Dangerous Fad? we mentioned some possible complications as a result of Tattos – allergy to the ink used – if the tatoo artist has poor hygiene practice (especially if they re-use needles) you are at …

Mycobacterial infection and Tattoos Read More »

Tagged with: